What Is Casual Dating
Many people hear the word casual dating and they immediately think of the word ‘slut.’ Why you may ask? Well, because the word casual dating is basically a euphemism for sleeping around, right? Well, yes and no. There are some very interesting shades to the world of casual dating. A casual date doesn’t need to be sexual. It is all about how you experience casual dating personally. Of course, being promiscuous is not a very good idea and it may even become unhealthy if you are doing it out of some kind of emotional distress. Other times, however, casual dating is very healthy.
So, what is casual dating? Here is everything you need to know about going on casual dates…
1. Keep your options open. Going on casual dates requires some careful skill and planning. Plus, you can’t be too picky. Eventually, you’ll run out of guys to date. This is why you want to keep your options wide open. You never know if you’ll meet someone outside of your “type” that will really blow your mind. If you really want to delve into the world of casual dating, you will need to keep your options wide open.
2. Try it before you hate it – you may dislike casual dating or you may love it. The one thing about going on casual dates is that you may not like it. However, you’ll never know until you try it. One of the greatest things about being single is that you can explore. If you don’t at least try casual dating, you will never discover that side of yourself. And, who knows, you may just love and realize that you want to casually date until you are ready for something more serious – if you are actually ready for something more serious.
3. Be honest and open – you don’t need to tell him that you are only interested in a casual thing, but you can say that you are keeping your options open. When you are casual dating guys, you are going to run into a few guys that just don’t get it. They may be looking for something more serious. The truth of the matter is that it probably won’t work out. However, you can make the conversation a lot easier by letting him know that you are on a casual dating trip and probably aren’t going to turn around anytime soon. He can make the decision to leave or stay. Once the ball is in his court, the pressure will be off your shoulders.
4. Understand the difference between casual dating and casual sex – they are two very different things. When you are going on casual dates – or thinking about it – it can be easy to mistake casual dating with casual sex. The truth of the matter is that they are two completely different things. In fact, casual dating doesn’t need to involve sex at all. You are literally going on dates and meeting different guys. Of course, if you meet a guy that you actually like, you can hook up or have sex if you want, but you don’t need to feel that pressure. It’s your body and mind after all.
5. Try going on actual dates – casual dating is all about the casual, fun dates. Another thing that you need to know is that when you casually date, you want to go on real dates – you don’t want to do one of those awkward come-hang-out-at-my-house things. Ideally, you want to do the classic date thing – try going out to dinner and then go to a movie. The key here is to have fun. If you are not having fun on your casual dates, what’s the point? The truth of the matter is that you want to have some sort of date planned out, or else you aren’t really casual dating – you are casually killing time.
6. Always trust your judgment – don’t do anything that you don’t want to do. When you are casually dating, you don’t want to push your comfort boundaries. Yes, going on dates with random guys can seem a little bit boundary pushing, but if you meet in public, it should all be safe. When it comes down to it, you never want to meet a guy in a scary alley, because you could be putting yourself in danger – obviously. If you feel like you are comfortable, you can get in a car with him, but only if you feel like it’s right. How will you know if a casual date is cool to go home with? – Well, you’ll just know. If you don’t have that warm fuzzy feeling, you may want to go home.
7. Always check in with yourself. When you are going on casual dates, you want to take the time to really think about where you are going with this stage in your life. Is it working? Is it not working? If you are casually dating and not asking yourself these important questions, you may be leading yourself down a life path that you don’t necessarily want to go down. It could be that you actually want a relationship after all. If it gets that point, you don’t want to keep fooling yourself or telling yourself that everything is going to be okay. If it’s not okay than it’s not okay. As a college girl, your life will be constantly changing and you’ll probably be leaving town soon anyways, so don’t you owe it to yourself to play the field a little bit?
Grab this offer for a limited time only! Don’t forget to use coupon code COED at AdamAndEve.com checkout to get 50% OFF on almost ANY item plus 3 FREE Hot DVDs, a FREE Mystery Gift and FREE Shipping on your entire order!
“image is a copyrighted photo of model(s)”