The Secret Recipe For A Happy Relationship
When you hear about a happy relationship, you think: Oh, it’s only the honeymoon phase – it won’t last. But what happens when the relationship goes way past the honeymoon phase? It’s a mind-blowing concept, I know, but contrary to popular belief, there is such a thing as a happy relationship. A happy relationship has a unique mixture of ingredients that make it strong. Without these ingredients, your relationship is probably doomed.
Here is some secret recipe for a happy relationship…
1. Try new things. If you don’t try new things, your relationship will eventually get boring. You know those TV shows that come back for a new season, but they are sort of the same – no one dies or has a baby – well that is sort of what can happen to a relationship, which can lead you to change the channel. So, stay curious and try new adventures, especially sexual adventures.
2. Don’t put pressure on sex. Good sex is important, but it isn’t the end all be all. Many couples think that because they aren’t having sex five times a week, that their relationship is hopeless. Yet, this couldn’t be further from the truth. If you have sex once a week – that is totally fine. If it’s once every two months, that’s probably fine too, but don’t make it a bigger deal than it has to be.
3. Turn off the TV and stop staring at screens all the time. If you want your relationship to stay strong and make it well past the honeymoon stage, you need to make sure that you take breaks from your smartphone. Also, stop checking your texts, tweets, and other social media pages. And instead of watching a movie – why not go out to dinner?
4. Don’t be afraid to communicate. The more you communicate, the less often things will build up into a fight. If you talk about the little things as they come up, you won’t explode with anger when your partner does something that you don’t like. Also, not communicating is the best way to build up resentments, which can be poisonous to any relationship.
5. Grow together – not against each other. Growing is important – it’s what makes us human adults. In college, we’re learning a lot, so we are going through a growth spurt of sorts. So, you need to make sure that you don’t grow apart, but together. This means that you shouldn’t hold your partner back – no matter what.
Lastly, a relationship is like a living, breathing organism – you have to nurture it or else it can die. So, make sure that you explore with your partner, keep finding new things that you can be excited about and help your partner out when it comes to discovering who they are. The more you cultivate, the better everything will be – plus, the sex will be incredible too.
Don’t forget to use coupon code COED at AdamAndEve.com checkout to get 50% OFF on almost ANY item plus 3 FREE Hot DVDs, a FREE Mystery Gift and FREE Shipping on your entire order!
“image is a copyrighted photo of model(s)”