No one likes a control freak. Why do you think we call them freaks in the first place? Because being too in control of things is not normal – not in the least. Being a control freak can especially be damaging in a relationship. As a college girl you might think you are doing the right thing by taking the upper hand, but what you are really doing is trying to assert too much control, which can end up ruining a relationship. However, there are definitely ways to take the reigns without being a freak about it. Here are some ways to be in control without being a total control freak.
- Don’t be more interested in him than he is interested in you. Basically, if he is just sort of ‘whatever’ in the relationship, you need to be just sort of ‘whatever’ too. The last thing you want is to show that you need him or want him when he isn’t ready to go there. To maintain control, be sure match his interest level in the relationship.
- Know when to walk away. Don’t fool yourself into thinking that something is okay when it is clearly not. The easiest way to be deemed a control freak is when you try to mend something that is beyond fixable. You’ll just look desperate. More importantly, know when it is over. There is a difference between walking away from a fight and walking away from a relationship, but both have varying degrees of putting your hands up and letting go.
- Be an independent woman. As a college girl this is probably the most important, because when you are in a relationship, you don’t want to become too co-dependent on someone. This is a sure fire way to get hurt and having too much control of a relationship can make you a freak. In order to take back control in a healthy way, just be yourself and live your own life.
- Keep your priorities in check. This is a simple way to stay in control without looking like control freak. A control freak will ditch all their classes just to be with a guy, but someone who is in control of their lives will realize that school is more important.
- Stay strong. Staying strong is important. You might think you are staying strong by trying to have too much control, but this is a serious weakness. Staying strong means standing up for what you believe in and having convictions. Without conviction, a woman is no less than a little girl.
If you want to stop being a control freak, it is a lot easier than it seems. Start practicing taking control of your life and you will see that you won’t have to control the circumstances surrounding your life in order to be happy. Happiness is right in front of you, if only you notice it.
And oh, don’t forget to keep some fun toys! Just use coupon code COED at AdamAndEve.com checkout to get 50% OFF on almost ANY item plus 3 FREE Hot DVDs, a FREE Mystery Gift and FREE Shipping on your entire order.
“image is a copyrighted photo of model(s)”